Approximately 64 percent of Americans drink coffee daily. However, only 35 percent drink it black—coffee without any milk, cream or dairy substitutes. We love all types of coffee at Armstrong Coffee Service, but this post is going to cover the benefits of black coffee and how you can enjoy it:
- Boosts energy: All coffee puts a little pep in our step. Since it’s not diluted by dairy products, drinking your coffee black can give you a little bit more energy once it enters your nervous system.
- Helps with weight loss: A cup of regular coffee contains zero calories, and the caffeine in your coffee acts as an appetite suppressor. However, creamers in your coffee offset that effect because they have tons of calories. Sip it black to help lose a few pounds.
- Provides essential nutrients: Coffee beans contain essential nutrients like manganese, potassium, magnesium and niacin. You can ensure you get the most out of these nutrients by drinking your coffee without any creamer.
- Enhances the flavor: The history of coffee dates back centuries, but coffee those days didn’t contain any milk, cream or even sweetener. It was simply black, and people drank it for the rich flavor. Enjoy your cup of Joe the way it was meant to be by drinking it black.
- May lower risk of diseases: Evidence is scarce, but some studies have shown that drinking coffee without any creamer can reduce the chance of developing diseases like type 2 Diabetes, Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s. Additionally, it’s believed that coffee can help prevent depression in some consumers.
How to drink and enjoy it
Switching from coffee with dairy products to black coffee is a stark change and can be a shock for some people’s taste buds. Here are a few ways to ease into it:
- Reduce the amount of cream: The best way to start enjoying black coffee is to decrease the amount of dairy you put in it slowly. Add a little less dairy to your coffee each morning, and you’ll eventually enjoy drinking it black.
- Find your preferred beans: As mentioned above, you’ll get the full flavor of your coffee when you don’t add any creamer. You’ll find that each of the four main coffee bean types—Arabica, Robusta, Liberica and Excelsa—all have different flavor profiles. Try them all for yourself to see which you like best.
- Try different roasts: Roasting coffee turns the beans from green seeds to the brown beans we see in the bag. The different roast types include light, medium, medium-dark and dark. Each one has a vastly different flavor, so take some time to experiment with them all.
Get your beverages from Armstrong Coffee Service
Whether you prefer black coffee or coffee with creamer, be sure to buy your beverages from Armstrong Coffee Service. We offer an extensive array of coffees, teas, hot chocolates and everything else your employees need to get through the day. Give us a call today to see what we can do for your office.