Coffee is a part of the daily routines of millions of people around the nation. Not only does it serve as a fantastic morning pick-me-up, but it also provides a number of health benefits that can help you justify your coffee drinking habit.
Here’s a quick overview of some of the most prominent health benefits of drinking coffee. Contact an office coffee service in Pampa, TX to ensure your workers are getting their regular fix!
- Fat burning: Studies show coffee can encourage fat burning. Caffeine is one of the most common substances used in commercial fat burning supplements, because it boosts the metabolic rate. In obese individuals, caffeine can increase fat burning by up to 10 percent, and by up to 29 percent in lean individuals.
- Increased energy: Coffee helps people to feel less tired and boosts their energy levels. The caffeine in coffee is absorbed by the bloodstream, and then travels on to the brain. Once in the brain, caffeine blocks adenosine, an inhibitory neurotransmitter. This increases the number of neurotransmitters like dopamine and norepinephrine, which helps to boost energy, mood, reaction times and overall mental function.
- Essential nutrients: Coffee contains some essential nutrients you need to include in your daily diet. Some examples of the most prevalent nutrients in coffee include riboflavin (vitamin B2), manganese, potassium, magnesium, niacin and pantothenic acid (vitamin B5). While the amounts of these nutrients don’t make up a ton of your daily recommended value, every little bit counts when trying to hit your goals.
- Lower risk of diabetes: Studies indicate daily cups of coffee can help people reduce their risk of type 2 diabetes. Researchers have found that people who drink coffee have a 23 to 50 percent lower risk of contracting diabetes.
- Lower risk of dementia and Alzheimer’s: Other studies have connected regular coffee intake with a reduced risk of dementia and Alzheimer’s disease. There are several studies that demonstrate up to a 65 percent lower risk of Alzheimer’s disease in people who drink coffee regularly.
- Improved physical performance: General physical performance can also see some benefits from regular coffee drinking. As previously mentioned, caffeine helps to break down fat in the body. This makes more fatty acids available for the body to use as fuel. Caffeine also increases epinephrine (adrenaline) in the body, which helps boost performance during periods of physical exertion. This is one of the reasons why people will often drink a strong cup of coffee shortly before they head out to do a workout at the gym.
- Improved mood: Some studies indicate coffee can help fight against symptoms of depression and generally improve mood. One Harvard study found women who drank multiple cups of coffee per day had a 20 percent lower chance of suffering from clinical depression. Another study found people who drank multiple cups of coffee per day were significantly less likely to be at risk of suicide.
Interested in learning more about some of the most important health benefits associated with coffee? When you’re ready to install an office coffee maker in your Gray County, TX business, contact Armstrong Coffee Service and we will be happy to assist you!